[Zope-dev] One z3c.rml test failure on Linux -- bug in ReportLab?

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Mon Dec 20 21:06:51 EST 2010

I'm not myself familiar with z3c.rml, but I was debugging a buildbot
failure and found what I think is a bug in ReportLab 2.5.

Try this:

  svn co svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/z3c.rml/trunk z3c.rml
  cd z3c.rml
  python bootstrap.py
  bin/buildout
  bin/test

I get one test failure in z3c.rml.tests.test_rml.tag-selectField

If I run that test alone with

  bin/test -t selectField

it passes.  Here's a minimal test case to make it fail:

  bin/test -t textField -t selectField

I've poked at this test failure a bit, and I suspect a bug in ReportLab.
It appears that creating two documents that use PDF forms will clobber
over a global object's -- reportlab.pdfbase.pdfform.GLOBALRESOURCES --
__InternalName__ attribute during the creation of the first document,
and that will prevent anyone from using AcroForm.format() on any other
document in that process.

The next step would be to make a smaller reproducible example and submit
it to the ReportLab folks for consideration.

I'm not familiar with z3c.rml nor with ReportLab's form code, so I'd
appreciate if people who wrote the test could help with the smaller
reproducible example.

Marius Gedminas
--
http://pov.lt/ -- Zope 3/BlueBream consulting and development