[Zope-dev] Zope2 ZMI and HTML5

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Sun Feb 7 12:15:14 EST 2010

Am 07.02.2010, 17:57 Uhr, schrieb Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com>:

> I would claim that's several steps by itself.

You're right, of course: but they are related: 1. implement design in HTML
5; 2. Minimal styling in CSS 2.1; 3. Migrate DTML to ZPT

>> 2) Replace frames with aysnchronous communication
> Why?

Oh, years ago I developed an allergy to frames of any kind and became
convinced that they had no place in "proper" HTML. They've been kept
around for convenience and the problems of rolling out a proper
replacement for changing parts of a part of a page, although this
shouldn't really ever have been a problem with Zope. But this is very much
a side-show.

For anyone who's interested I've spent quite a bit of time this weekend
migrating some CMF based HTML to HTML 5 (the nicest thing about it is
actually not having to worry about the version number) you really do end
up with significantly more legible and compact HTML and more manageable
CSS. I plan to pick up my work on updating the CMFDefault skin on the
basis of this and then move to ZMI. If anyone wants to get together on
this I am at PyCon and hope to have a couple of days at the Plone Dom(e)
Sprint in March.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark