[Zope-dev] upload zope.app.exception to pypi

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 08:43:41 EST 2010

Baiju M <mbaiju at zeomega.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 6:32 PM, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman
> <janwijbrand at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Would any of the pypi owners of zope.app.exception be so kind to
>> upload the 3.6.0 release to the package index? I see this package has
>> been tagged already a while ago.
>>
>> I think this newer version should also be included in the ZTK versions
>> list, as this version will import the correct ISystemErrorView
>> interface from zope.browser.
>
> I have added "jw" as owner of this package.

Ok, thank you.

> BTW, I am getting this error from 3.6.0 branch.:

Me too.

> $ ./bin/test
> /opt/baiju/wa/z3hello/eggs/zope.testing-3.8.6-py2.6.egg/zope/testing/
testrunner/debug.py:23:
> DeprecationWarning: zope.testing.doctest is deprecated in favour of
> the Python standard library doctest module
>   from zope.testing import doctest
> Test-module import failures:
>
> Module: zope.app.exception.browser.tests.test_unauthorized
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/tmp/zope.app.exception/src/zope/app/exception/browser/tests/
test_unauthorized.py",
> line 20, in <module>
>     import zope.app.pagetemplate.namedtemplate
>   File "/opt/baiju/wa/z3hello/eggs/zope.app.pagetemplate-3.10.0-py2.6.egg/
zope/app/pagetemplate/namedtemplate.py",
> line 20, in <module>
>     from zope.browerpage.namedtemplate import implementation
> ImportError: No module named browerpage.namedtemplate

As it turns out, since the "release" of zope.app.exception 3.6.0 namedtemplate
has again been moved. It is now in zope.browserpage. However, zope.browserpage
is not required yet by zope.app.exception.

I'll make it require zope.browserpage and release (and upload!)
zope.app.exception 3.7.0.

Would that be OK?

regards,
jw