[Zope-dev] New Zope 3 name: BlueBream

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Tue Jan 5 02:47:54 EST 2010

Am 05.01.2010 08:13, schrieb Jan Ulrich Hasecke:

> Am 05.01.2010 um 00:43 schrieb Hermann Himmelbauer:
>> Although I tend to give you right, as probably no one will get the "fish
>> connection" and therefore a new name has to be raised up, I vote for
>> BlueBream, as this indicates something very new, which frees itself from
>> those endless "Zope 3, Zope 3 Application Server, Zope blah blah..."
>> considerations.
>
> And getting an endless discussion about Zope, Zope Toolkit, Zope 2, Grok, Bluebream, repoze.bfg …
>
> I am just creating a German broschure about Zope and we are relaunching zope.de these days, and I can tell you it is hell to explain what Zope is.
>
> What's in a name? I don't mind having a name for a reborn Zope 3 and Bluebream   might be ok.
>
> But we must keep an eye on our trademark "Zope".
>
> What is "Zope" if we have
>
> - Zope Toolkit
> - Zope 2
> - Grok
> - Bluebream
> - BFG
>
> Seems that there is no Zope anymore.  ;-)
>
> juh
I agree,
we have two names that ar known to a wider audience:
Zope and Plone.

all the other items bear so little "market value" that even an insider can not
place them.

Therefore I think either of the two should be part of any new packages name
meant to be recognized by non Zope affectionados.

Bluebream for Zope
BlueZope
Bluebream gone Zope

what ever