[Zope-dev] Possible DateTime timezone-related regression in Zope 2.12

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 19:47:22 EST 2010

Laurence Rowe wrote:
> 2010/1/10<zopyxfilter at gmail.com>:
>>
>> Martin Aspeli wrote:

>> for hints?
>>> Yes, there are various timezone related changes, e.g.
>>>
>>> http://zope3.pov.lt/trac/changeset/81213/Zope/trunk/lib/python/DateTime
>>>

>> http://zope3.pov.lt/trac/changeset/85830/Zope/trunk/lib/python/DateTime
>>> It's hard to know whether this was an intended change or not, and
>>> if so, how to deal with the breakage in a way that's compatible
>>> with 2.10 and 2.12.
>>>
>>> I blame Laurence. :-p
>> Better blame DateTime :-)
>> Fixing one issue in DateTime is likely to trigger another new bug.
>> The DateTime is just fragile.
>
> I believe the current behaviour is intentional to preserve backwards
> compatibility. See the discussion starting here:
> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2007-October/030042.html
>
> Maybe it was 'fixed' on 2.10 branch some time later.

Sorry, just to be clear - which behaviour is correct? The 2.10 one or
the 2.12 one?

My vote would go for the 2.10 one - in the absence of timezone
information, assume local timezone, not GMT.

If we agree on that, is it clear what needs to be changed for this to work?

Can we also agree that it's very bad for 2.10 and 2.12 to exhibit
different behaviour here?

Martin