[Zope-dev] patterns for using sphinx with the Zope Toolkit?

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.com
Tue Jan 12 03:33:20 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 12:35 PM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> I am interested in creating sphinx-driven documentation for Zope Toolkit
>> packages. I'd like to maintain the documentation for a package (say,
>> zope.component) in that package, in a 'doc' directory.
>
> I have a couple of packages that make good use of the my current
> pattern-that-I'm-aiming-for-with-all-my-packages:
>
> http://packages.python.org/testfixtures/
>
> http://packages.python.org/checker/

I would support adding documentation to packages.python.org
It's very easy as Chris show.  I am also using a similar pattern
for BlueBream.

This is how I am uploading documentation for BlueBream:

./bin/sphinxbuilder;./bin/buildout setup . upload_sphinx

You can see the Buildout here:
http://svn.zope.org/bluebream/trunk/

In "setup.cfg", we can mention the "upload-dir" option like this:

  [upload_sphinx]
  upload-dir = docs/output/html

BTW, to upload docs, no need to make a new release.
Anyone who is having ownership can upload docs.

Regards,
Baiju M