[Zope-dev] New Zope2 releases available

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Thu Jan 14 12:28:54 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Charlie Clark
<charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu> wrote:
> Am 14.01.2010, 17:12 Uhr, schrieb Hanno Schlichting <hanno at hannosch.eu>:
>> Why are you trying to use that version? Zope 2.12.3 includes
>> zope.container 3.8.2 as defined at
>> http://download.zope.org/Zope2/index/2.12.3/. For that version binary
>> eggs exist.
>
> At the risk of looking even more foolish than usual, I didn't specify that
> version, it's what you get unless you specify otherwise. I think it's true
> for a whole load of components such as zope.formlib.

If you don't specify either an index to be used for easy_install or
extend the versions.cfg from the above url, you get an undefined
package soup of everything latest. Except for rare moments that is
never going to give you a usable set of packages.

Did you follow the instructions at
http://docs.zope.org/zope2/releases/2.12/INSTALL.html?

If you use buildout, extending from the SVN tag or the index is the
same. But you need one of those two:

[buildout]
extends = http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/Zope/tags/2.12.3/versions.cfg

[buildout]