[Zope-dev] Zope Tests: 42 OK, 3 Failed

Benji York benji at benjiyork.com
Thu Jul 1 13:44:00 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
> The fact that the test failed seems to make it less than sufficient.  I
> don't quite see how checking pystones is a useful measure, unless you
> *know* that there is only CPU involved and that the machine where you
> are checking it is effectively unloaded:  I/O and scheduling latencies
> aren't going to be magically subtracted.

Is this a complaint about the test/documentation or the feature?

If the test/documentation, I've already stated what should be done about
it -- and I may do so at some point in the near future.  In the
meantime, adding another zero or five would decrease the chance of it
failing again.

If the feature: it's certainly not perfect, but has been useful.
--
Benji York