[Zope-dev] New releases of Zope2 (incl. a potential security fix)

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Tue Jul 13 09:24:23 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Stephan Richter
<srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 13, 2010, Hanno Schlichting wrote:
>> In other news Zope 2.13.0a2 now officially supports Python 2.7.
>
> How can Zope 2.13 support Python 2.7, when the ZTK 1.0 does not?

Zope 2.13 only uses the ZTK "core" part and overrides the ZODB3
requirement to use a 3.10 release. All tests on Python 2.7 pass for
all the zope.* packages. It's only the zopeapp set and the ZODB which
aren't compatible.

So from a Zope2 perspective we can support Python 2.7 in addition to
2.6 rather easily. Since everything works, it doesn't make a lot of
sense to hold off official 2.7 support. The ZTK has more code and
other Python versions to support, so it's in a different position.

Hanno