[Zope-dev] IRC meeting summaries from 2010-07-13 and 2010-07-06

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Fri Jul 16 02:28:40 EDT 2010

Hi there,

sorry for the even larger lag ... here's the summaries from the IRC
meetings of last week and this week:

- Please don't put VCS properties ($Id) in code anymore. If you find
   them you may actively remove them. No need to spend time combing
   through the repository, though.

- People are coming up with topic ideas for the Zope summit in
   September in Germany, including:

   - getting more compelling stories for Zope
   - better documentation
   - zope.org improvements
   - experimentation and folding common experiences into common code,
     higher quality code
   - describing Zope's use cases

- Tres is currently building a tool (zope.optionalextension) to allow
   packages like zope.i18nmessageid to be build properly on platforms
   that don't support our C-Extensions (GAE. Jython, IronPython, Windows
   without compilers)

- We need to deal with the fact that some projects in svn.zope.org are
   likely abandoned and we need to deal with it. Initially we will start
   annotating the repository policy report with 'last checkin time' and
   'frequent committers' to allow everyone to scan through the rather
   large report and check for projects that they are interested in.

- ZTK 1.0 vs Python 2.7 was discussed but there was no deviation from
   the outcome of the thread in this list.

- We need help from the people who run Windows by actively fixing bugs
   as they appear on the builders. Please. :)

The full reports are available here:
http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/zope-dev/index.html

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com