[Zope-dev] ./bin/test failing with trunk zope.testing

Jonathan Lange jml at mumak.net
Sun Jul 18 11:58:50 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 5:56 PM, Hanno Schlichting <hanno at hannosch.eu> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 5:50 PM, Jonathan Lange <jml at mumak.net> wrote:
>> When running zope.testing's tests on my laptop, I get many failures.
>> I've run the tests plenty of times before and haven't got these
>> failures. Am a bit mystified, so I'd appreciate any help.
>
> Looks like the tests assume to be run under the zope.testing.testrunner:
>
> -    runTest (zope.testing.testrunner.runner.SetUpLayerFailure)
> ?                 --------
> +    runTest (zope.testrunner.runner.SetUpLayerFailure)
>
> but you end up with the one from zope.testrunner. If you pin
> zc.recipe.testrunner to version 1.2.0, that should do the trick for
> now.
>
> Someone should look into making the tests compatible with both
> testrunners or requiring the new zope.testrunner.

Thanks.

Actually, it turned out to be something of a pebkac. I was getting
trunk from the old Launchpad branch
(lp:~vcs-imports/zope.testing/trunk) rather than the new Launchpad
branch (lp:zope.testing).

With the new branch, everything works out of the box. Sorry for the noise.

While we're here, if I want to patch the Zope testrunner, should I
submit patches against zope.testing or zope.testrunner?

jml