[Zope-dev] Help review #181754

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Jul 21 01:25:16 EDT 2010

On 07/20/2010 07:28 PM, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> On 2010-7-20 18:15, Christian Theune wrote:
>> At least, WRT this bug, I don't think it's a good idea to ask explicitly
>> for bad requests to go to the application as the test layer should model
>> real server behaviour as closely as possible. And again it wouldn't make
>> sense anyway as you can't pass an unparsable request to the application.
>
> I'm not sure I agree. Like everything else servers have bugs, so it
> can't hurt to test how your application would behave given certain
> server bugs.

Right. IMHO this specific bug asked for would usually mean that the
server breaks and can pass anything to the application. Whatever
happens: the server needs to prepare a data structure to hand over to
the application. If it can't do that, then there's nothing to test what
happens with the application.

I guess this kind of test (what happens with the application if it
receives invalid data) needs to work around server/publisher components
and inject data directly to application methods.

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com