[Zope-dev] zope.testing/zc.recipe.testrunner causing deprecationwarnings in itself again?!

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Jun 2 06:13:43 EDT 2010

I just tried to buildout and run the tests for mailinglogger so I could
apply a patch I'd received.

I have a section like this:

[test]
recipe = zc.recipe.testrunner
eggs =
   mailinglogger

Running the resulting bin/test gives:

bin/test:17: DeprecationWarning: zope.testing.testrunner is deprecated
in favour of zope.testrunner.
   import zope.testing.testrunner
/home/chris/buildout-eggs/zope.testing-3.9.5-py2.5.egg/zope/testing/testrunner/formatter.py:28:
DeprecationWarning: zope.testing.xceptions is deprecated in favour of
zope.testrunner.exceptions
   from zope.testing.exceptions import DocTestFailureException

I'm using the latest available of all packages. What gives?

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk