[Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: zope.app.testing/trunk/ Switch doctests to use the stdlib ``doctest`` module.

Adam GROSZER agroszer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 10:33:13 EDT 2010

Hello Tres,

> Log message for revision 110723:
>  Switch doctests to use the stdlib ``doctest`` module.
>
>  o Disuse than the deprecated ``zope.testing.doctest`` variant.
>
>  Remove a duplicated import.
>

> Changed:
>  U   zope.app.testing/trunk/CHANGES.txt
>  U   zope.app.testing/trunk/src/zope/app/testing/functional.py
>  U   zope.app.testing/trunk/src/zope/app/testing/tests.py

The problem with this is that it just breaks tests that have accented
unicode characters.

zope.app.testing.functional.FunctionalDocFileSuite breaks, while
zope.testing.doctest.DocFileSuite works.
I don't remember what was the final decision on deprecating
zope.testing.doctest, but this definitely s*cks.

Thoughts?

--
Best regards,
 Adam GROSZER                          mailto:agroszer at gmail.com
--
Quote of the day:
A dear old Quaker lady, distinguished for her youthful appearance, was asked what she used to preserve her appearance. She replied sweetly, 'I use for the lips, truth; for the voice, prayer; for the eyes, pity; for the hand, charity; for the figure, uprightness;and for the heart, love.