[Zope-dev] Zope 2.12 and Broken classes

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Fri Jun 4 12:02:46 EDT 2010

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 17:38:41 +0200
Hanno Schlichting <hanno at hannosch.eu> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Sylvain Viollon <sylvain at infrae.com>
> wrote:
> >  After more testing, I have more information. This bug has been
> >  introduced by the release 2.13.0 of ExtensionClass and Persistance
> >  packages. Running 2.12.0  of packages make it disappear.
> >
> >  I guess I should report this on launchpad ?

  I reported the bug:

  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/zope2/+bug/589756

> Please do. I'm not sure where the bug actually is, we probably need to
> change the Broken implementation in OFS or unify it with the one from
> ZODB to fix this. Not sure how ZODB deals with storing references to
> persistent objects (the optimized kind storing the class name in it)
> and how that relates to broken objects.

  It check for subclasses of ZODB.broken.Broken, where
  OFS.Unintalled.BrokenClass based one are not. But this is only for
  things inheriting of persistent, where Extension classes (like
  OFS.Uninstalled.Broken...) does come from Persitance.

> This isn't really a new problem, it probably happened to any normal
> non-extension class already in the past. Those are just less frequent
> in use.

  Well, it worked before. It's recent optimization done in
  ExtensionClass that breaked it.

  Regards,

  Sylvain,

--