[Zope-dev] Zope 2.13 - next steps

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Sun Jun 13 09:46:23 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
> On the whole, I would actually favor getting a 2.13.0 out even sooner
> than Hanno suggests, to get it used (and therefore more polished)
> sooner.  With the post-eggification reduction in Zope2's scope, I think
> a six month cycle for major releases  would be a good target to aim at,
> rather than a year.

I agree that a shorter release cycle is going to be more suitable
again. I'm a bit conservative for 2.13 to make sure we really have a
ZTK release in place and Plone 4.1 is picking this up. If both of
these turn out to be true, than I can see another ZTK release used in
2.14 and Plone 4.2 picking this up again. I expect those kind of
releases to aim for six month and some of them languishing a bit to
end up with more like nine month. Still a lot shorter than the
effective one to two years we have now.

Hanno