[Zope-dev] Stop energy

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Wed Mar 3 14:24:13 EST 2010

On 3/3/10 2:06 PM, Fabio Tranchitella wrote:
> * 2010-03-03 19:59, Chris McDonough wrote:
>> I think it would be useful to have a discussion about grouping some Zope
>> bits along functional lines for marketing purposes.  This is really
>> independent of any discussion about the ZTK.
>
> I wonder if calling zope.{interface,component,schema,configuration,event}
> the "bicycle repair kit" (note the absence of the word "zope"), with
> explicit documentation and a dedicated website really need the approval of
> the whole zope3 community.

Probably not.  On the other hand, talking about the mechanics of how that might
get done on this maillist seems pretty natural to me.  The "whole Zope 3
community" isn't particularly massive.

> Or, better... I don't think anybody can block John Doe to pick up a random
> set of packages, give them a name and market them as a framework (or as a
> reusable set of libraries) as long as the name "zope" is not used.
>
> Am I wrong? It's free software, after all.

Why wouldn't that be worked out here?  Is it because you just want the
mechanics of such a project done elsewhere without having to see it talked
about on this maillist?  Or is it because you disagree that it should be done?
  Or... what?

- C