[Zope-dev] zope.component.zcml and global registry

Roger dev at projekt01.ch
Mon Mar 8 20:03:37 EST 2010

Hi Hanno

> Betreff: Re: [Zope-dev] zope.component.zcml and global registry
>
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 7:23 PM, Roger <dev at projekt01.ch> wrote:
> > Another point, reloading ZCML actions after a system
> startup e.g. from
> > the UI is probably not possible anymore. Then we whould
> have to call
> > setSite(None) and this, on a running system, whould force
> to loose the
> > local components registry at the same time.
>
> I'm not sure if there's other code that implements this, but
> if you look at the way I do it in plone.reload [1], you'll
> notice that it already does an explicit getGlobalSiteManager
> call and a setSite(None). The site is set again on the next
> request, when traversing over the local site object. The code
> also has to minimize the ZODB cache, or the local site will
> have some cached info that might have been invalidated by the
> global changes.
>
> So I don't see this as a counter argument :)

There is allways a way to do things ;-) Tweak a running
system itself for reload configuration is probably not the
best one.

As more as I think about what Fabio changed and what really
happens, I think it's just a missing API which splits the
ZCML action configuration and the running system into
different parts.

But since you're telling that reload patterns can work with
this changes, I think this is good news.

Regards
Roger Ineichen