[Zope-dev] Hanno, please update the ZTK

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Mon May 3 14:14:45 EDT 2010

Am 03.05.2010, 19:59 Uhr, schrieb Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com>:

> I haven't seen a plausible reason why the fork should be necessary. It
> just uses some updated versions of packages (mostly bugfix releases)
> that would have been updated in the ZTK as well if people had bothered
> to update them.

Maartijn,

I think that most people on this list are very aware of the work you have
put into Zope and particularly your dedicated refactoring of the ZTK last
year.

It is, unfortunately, only too common on volunteer projects that people
burn out or get frustrated when things do not go their way (for whatever
reason). I do not recall all the discussions that led to your resignation
in December and I'm not about to trawl through all the threads for it
either. But I don't understand much of today's thread that seems
technically vague but personally specific. FWIW this is a very poor
strategy to win people over to your point of view.

You have not succeeded in making me aware of: 1) the issue and 2) a
possible solution. Additionally to suggest that there has been no progress
in this area over the last couple of months seems contrary to the facts.
You have obviously a big, and possibly very justified, itch to scratch. Is
it possible to present it less acrimoniously? If you succeed in
monopolising the conversation we will be back where started.

Respectfully,

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark