[Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: zope.minmax/trunk/ Conform to repository policy.

Tres Seaver tseaver at palladion.com
Thu May 6 09:09:08 EDT 2010

Zvezdan Petkovic wrote:
> On May 5, 2010, at 2:42 PM, Tres Seaver wrote:
>
>> Log message for revision 112025:
>>  Conform to repository policy.

>> setup(
>>     name='zope.minmax',
>>     version='1.1.3dev',
>> -    author='Zope Corporation and Contributors',
>> +    author='Zope Foundation and Contributors',
>>     author_email='zope-dev at zope.org',
>>     description=(
>>         "Homogeneous values favoring maximum or minimum for ZODB "
>
> Christian Theune has already mentioned that the inclusion of the author check in his script was a misunderstanding.
>
> If you did not see that message already it's here:
>
> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2010-April/040223.html
>
> Can we now please stop changing the author information?
>
> Otherwise, let me just repeat the question I already asked and Christian answered.
>
> 	Can you point us to the Zope Foundation bylaws
> 	or a policy document that requires this?
>
> 	I cannot find this in a contributor agreement.
>
> Best regards,

'Zope Corporation and Contributors' is not a reasonable value for author
here, as ZC has transferred all copyrights to the foundation.  If you as
the originial author of zope.minmax wanted to update it to have your own
name, and set the maintainer to 'Zope Foundation and Contributors', that
would be OK with me, personally.

However, until the ZF repository commmittee (Christian, acting for the
board) updates the zope.repositorypolicy checker and fixer scripts, I'm
going to check in changes which comply with the policy as spelled out in
those scripts.

Tres.
- --
Tres Seaver          +1 540-429-0999          tseaver at palladion.com