[Zope-dev] zope.interface memory optimization

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Mon Nov 8 18:21:00 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 03:35:09PM +0100, Brian Sutherland wrote:
> I've committed 2 patches to a "jinty-mem" branch of zope.interface.
> Together these patches reduce the startup memory use of my ZTK based
> application by 3%. Is that enough to justify their risk/complexity?
>
>     https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/checkins/2010-November/052516.html
>     https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/checkins/2010-November/052517.html
>
> If no-one replies, I'll assume that 3% is just not enough to be
> interesting and do nothing;)

It's so interesting I'm going to ask for even more numbers: how much is
that 3% in kilobytes, or objects?  Is there any measurable speed impact
for application startup or test runs (faster/slower)?

Otherwise I'm +1, assuming this doesn't somehow make the code 10%
slower.

Marius Gedminas
--
http://pov.lt/ -- Zope 3/BlueBream consulting and development