[Zope-dev] logrotation/logreopening in ZTK-based applications

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Wed Nov 10 08:23:23 EST 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 2:47 AM, Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com> wrote:
> We have a ZTK-based app and found that the server provides neither
> signal handling to rotate logs nor a zopectl command. Does anybody
> remember wether this was ever built?

Christian,

If you want size- or time-based rotation, that can be configured
directly using ZConfig.

There's a package called zc.signalhandler in the Zope Corporation
repository that I'll be open-sourcing.  It'll let you include
something like this in your zope.conf:

    <signalhandlers myapp>
      usr2  ZConfig.components.logger.loghandler.reopenFiles
    </signalhandlers>

That will let you re-open ZConfig-configured log files based on a
signal.  (The "myapp" is a turdly bit caused by using the same schema
bits as <product-info> sections in the zope.conf schema.)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fdrake at acm.org>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein