[Zope-dev] Zope 3 porting sprint?

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 09:20:14 EST 2010

OK, I've run out of steam for this run of trying to port zc.buildout
to Python 3. I got pretty far, in fact. Of course, if we wait too
long, somebody will make big changes, and all will be messy and the
branch will rot and we might as well start over. :-) So I want to
avoid that, and get some help on zope.proxy and zc.buildout to finish
the ports.

The best way to do this is a sprint. And there are loads of small
tasks to do as well, such as test zope.hookable and zope.i18nmessage
on Plone and ZTK to make sure nothing breaks (even though each modules
tests pass), merge and release it. Also finish the Python 3 port of
zope.testing/zope.testrunner. All these are small and fairly easy
tasks that I'm sure somebody else interested could do.

I hope to attend PyCon, so that would be an option. Otherwise we have
to do an online sprint, which with irc and skype/google phone should
be doable. I'd havetime for that in January, I think.

Of course, if people want to come to Krakow for a sprint I would be
happy host it. But you'd have to pay for plane tickets yourself. And
hotels, unless you want to sleep on my floor. :-)

Who would be interested in a sprint, when, where and how?

--
Lennart Regebro, Colliberty: http://www.colliberty.com/
Telephone: +48 691 268 328