[Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: z3c.recipe.compattest/trunk/src/z3c/recipe/compattest/runner.py Don't import site on initialization, as this mitigates the buildout 1.5 way of setting sys.path

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 06:06:49 EST 2010

On 11/26/10 10:49 AM, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> On 11/26/10 8:37 AM, Michael Howitz wrote:
>> currently the ZTK tests on the trunk do not run successfully in a
>> virtualenv.
> <sip>
>> But reverting this change does not help to get the tests of
>> z3c.recipe.compattest itself running again. There are the same errors
>> like before.
>>
>> Is it intensional that ZTK tests fail in virtualenv? What needs be
>> done to get the tests running again in virtualenv?
>
> I don't think this was intentional. Then again, I guess it __was__ the
> intention to make use of the system-python-path-isolation-features in
> zc.buildout. Personally, I'm not sure where to start fixing this, help
> and insights appreciated...

Hmmm, maybe this has been completely obvious to others, but I guess it
really boils down to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/virtualenv/+bug/572545
where -S is broken in virtualenvs.

Grok's grokproject tool has exactly the same problems, where it doesn't
work anymore in a virtualenv *and* we're using -S when calling a newly
created project's bootstrap.py.

regards,jw