[Zope-dev] Zope Tests: 42 OK, 8 Failed

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Thu Oct 7 09:01:17 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 08:52:41AM +0200, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> On 10/6/10 18:33 , Tres Seaver wrote:
> > +1 for dropping the test:  if we aren't going to try to fix it to pass,
> > then scrap it.  Note that I actually feel the same way about *all* the
> > every-day failures:  the value of the every-day mail drops sharply when
> > there are any "expected" failures.
>
> For me personally the value has dropped so far that I am mostly ignoring
> those emails.

I used to ignore them, now I pay attention.

> They are hard to parse to begin with and there are just
> too many buildbot entries.

What do you think about the overview table at
http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/process/buildbots.html#the-nightly-builds
?

> I wonder if it would make sense to send
> separate emails per software package (such as ZTK, Zope2, etc) so that
> people can pick and choose.

-1 for separate emails.  One per day is plenty enough.

+1 for better organization within the email.

Currently the build results are grouped by status, and then ordered by
time.  I'd prefer if they were grouped by status, and then grouped by OS
(or by project; don't care much) inside the larger per-status groups.

Marius Gedminas
--
http://pov.lt/ -- Zope 3/BlueBream consulting and development