[Zope-dev] .lock files on Windows

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 11:46:16 EDT 2010

Hi,

With Plone 4 and thus Zope 2.12.10, we've noticed a problem that I
think only affects Windows. Can anyone confirm or shed some more
light?

Basically, if we run an instance (installed via
plone.recipe.zope2instance as bin\instance) in the foreground
(bin\instance fg) and then kill it with Ctrl+C, the var\instance.lock
and var\instance.pid files are not cleaned up. These need to be
manually deleted, otherwise Zope refuses to start up with the
confusing message "Please stop the instance before starting it".

Martin