[Zope-dev] DTML is dead, long live DTML ;-)

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Sun Sep 5 09:24:59 EDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Tim Hoffman <zutesmog at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I was looking for zope eco system based non html/xml based templating
> systems as a response to Martin
> saying DTML is dead, as I am currently using DTML for these sorts of tasks.

The Zope eco system for such tasks is the same as the wider Python eco
system these days. There's absolutely no need to stick with a
Zope-only approach anymore.

string.Template, Jinja2 and Mako all seem to be well maintained
templating solutions you could use. DTML is definitely dead as far as
open-source software can die.

Hanno