[Zope-dev] Zope Tests: 55 OK, 16 Failed, 3 Unknown

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Sun Sep 26 11:52:30 EDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 11:05:03AM -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:
> On 09/26/2010 07:58 AM, Zope Tests Summarizer wrote:
>
> > Subject: FAILED : Zope Buildbot / ztk slave-ubuntu64
> > From: jdriessen at thehealthagency.com
> > Date: Sat Sep 25 09:57:03 EDT 2010
>
> This failure is due to 'test-ztk' timing out.  I'm willing to bet that
> the 'zope.testrunner' doctests which attempt to test use of pdb are to
> blame:  they cause the tests to hang on my machine, anyway.

I can reproduce that in r116884, but it appears to be fixed in the
latest revision (116919), which bumped zope.testing to 3.10.0.

> I would favor commenting out those tests, or even removing them
> altogether.  I don't think the "feature" is worth any price at all in
> terms of the overally ecosystem.

Being able to use pdb to debug doctests is occasionally valuable.

Marius Gedminas
--
Emacs can be like an autistic child, refusing to accept change but showing
more than a touch of genius in how it handles the familiar routine.