[Zope-dev] Recursive search of dependencies in z3c.autoinclude

Ethan Jucovy ethan.jucovy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 08:00:29 EDT 2011

Hey,

These sound good to me, as long as they're off by default, have tests, and
don't break existing behavior.

> <includeDependencies
> package="."
> recursive="True"
> ignore="zope.app.zcmlfiles ice.control"
> />
>
> This not include packages `zope.app.zcmlfiles` and `ice.control`, but
> include their dependencies.

Does ignore="" work on namespaces, or exact package names?  What would
happen if you did ignore="zope" instead?  Either way, could you add a test
clarifying this behavior in dependency.txt?

> TODO:
> * Add ability for create "autoconfigure.zcml" file for decrease startup
time.

You mean, a static ZCML file that contains all the <include> directives that
z3c.autoinclude auto-includes, in the right order?  This is very cool --
I've always wanted to do this but never gotten around to it.

The version number in CHANGES.txt and setup.py should be changed to 0.4.0,
not 0.3.5 -- these are all new features.

Do you have commit rights to merge these?

-Ethan