[Zope-dev] RFC: Proposal for merging jbohman-zope.registry branch of zope.component

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 14:40:33 EDT 2011

On 25/08/2011 06:24, Jim Fulton wrote:
> Maybe something like "zope.plugins" would be better.  When I try
> to explain zope.component to people, I often explain it as a good
> generic plugin mechanism.

If we're renaming, we could also consider dropping the "zope" bit.

I never will understand the irrational fear and hatred of the "zope"
name but it's still there and I reckon we'd get a much more sensible
reception in the rest of the python world if we dropped it.

cheers,

Chris

PS: In passing, and for similar reasons, along with ease of
pronunciation and lack of package namespacing, it'd be great if buildout
2.0 could be just "buildout" rather than zc.buildout.

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk