[Zope-dev] ConnectionStateError

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha at bubblenet.be
Wed Jan 12 08:34:13 EST 2011

Hello,

We have been experiencing some ConnectionStateError in a Zope 2 based
application.

Looking for info on the web makes me almost 100% sure that we have a bug
in our application layer.

I understand that I should look for persistent objects stored in module
or class level variables (which imply shared by threads and thus
connections). Do not hesitate to tell me if this is a wrong explanation
of the potential cause of ConnectionStateError.

However, I wonder if some of you could give debugging techniques outside
reviewing the code.

I also wonder what was the reason to deprecate ``zope.thread``. I see it
was used by ``zope.component`` to hold thread-safe siteinfo. Could a too
frequent usage of getSite lead to ConnectionStateError ? I think that it
is not the case but I prefer to ask.

Thanks
--
Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha) http://bubblenet.be