[Zope-dev] direction

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Tue Jul 5 08:44:23 EDT 2011

On 7/5/11 14:41 , Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Jens Vagelpohl<jens at dataflake.org>  wrote:
>> On 7/5/11 11:56 , Martin Aspeli wrote:
>>> On 5 July 2011 10:31, Hanno Schlichting<hanno at hannosch.eu>    wrote:
>>> I'd actually favour calling it Zope2 4.0 just to avoid any mix-up with the
>>> defunct Zope 3, although I don't think there are any particularly good
>>> options here.
>> I actually think it's a brilliant idea to "skip" 3.0 and call it 4.0.
>
> Ok, seems 4.0 is the more popular choice.
>
> We'll use that than and make Tres proud
> (http://www.palladion.com/home/tseaver/obzervationz/2009/zope-4.0-project
> - though zopefour.org has been taken over by a link farm).

"zopefour" as a domain isn't very helpful. It would add yet another
"top-level" name to the existing list (Zope 2, Zope 3).

In the best of all possible worlds the package now known as "Zope2"
would simply be "Zope", and its website is at www.zope.org. "Zope" is
making the jump from version 2.x to 4.0.

jens