[Zope-dev] direction

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Tue Jul 5 08:48:10 EDT 2011

Am 05.07.2011, 14:44 Uhr, schrieb Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org>:

> "zopefour" as a domain isn't very helpful. It would add yet another
> "top-level" name to the existing list (Zope 2, Zope 3).
> In the best of all possible worlds the package now known as "Zope2"
> would simply be "Zope", and its website is at www.zope.org. "Zope" is
> making the jump from version 2.x to 4.0.

+1

Logically Zope 2.12 would have been a major release due to eggification
and dropping Python 2.4. Only makes sense to make label the next major
version as such rather than pretending with 2.x that only minor changes
are being made.

As I've been able to do little or no development this year thanks to
Leonardo for raising this and Hanno for his explanation. I do think a
public roadmap, with opportunities for people wanting to get involved
would be a good idea.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark