[Zope-dev] z3c.form missing *.mo files?

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Tue Jul 12 12:26:59 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 07:19:07PM +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> And then what?  Surely just having python-gettext installed and a couple
> of environment variables defined is not enough to magically produce .mo
> files -- I would also need to run some Python script somewhere,
> presumably.  Is it z3c.form's bin/pocompile?

So I tried

  cd ~/src/z3c.form
  bin/pocompile
  python setup.py sdist

and found that my dist/z3c.form-2.4.5dev.tar.gz now contains a .mo next
to each .po in src/z3c/form/locales/.

So, should I release z3c.form 2.4.5 with the .mo's?

I would also like to add a RELEASING.txt with something like this

    If you're making a public z3c.form release to the Python Package
    Index, don't forget to generate .mo files with::

      bin/pocompile

    before you do the usual ``python setup.py sdist register upload``
    step.

Ideally, I'd like ``python setup.py sdist`` itself to check for up-to-date
.mo's and either regenerate them automatically, or at least complain
loudly.

Awaiting feedback,
Marius Gedminas
--