[Zope-dev] versions on zope.org and launchpad.net

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Wed Jun 29 02:51:50 EDT 2011

On 2011-6-29 03:02, Johannes Raggam wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 18:17 -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:
>>
>> On 06/28/2011 01:28 PM, Johannes Raggam wrote:
>>
>>> there is a different version set on zope.org and launchpad.
>>>
>>> on http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/swpackage_releases
>>> there are zope 2.8.12, 2.9.12, 2.10.13 and 2.11.8 available, where on
>>> launchpad they are not.
> [...]
>>   - PyPI is the canonical download location for the current releases:
>>     launchpad should just be pointing there.
> thats the case since Zope 2.12. older releases aren't there.
> i think that launchpad should have all releases available, which are
> listed on zope.org.

My question would be: why launchpad? Is anyone expecting launchpad to be
a canonical resource for Zope releases? As far as I know none of our
documentation refers to launchpad for downloads and launchpad has never
been used for anything other than it's bugtracker.

I would agree that it would be nice to have a single location that lists
historic releases, I would expect that to be on zope.org instead of
launchpad or some other random third party website.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net>   It is simple to make things.
http://www.wiggy.net/                  It is hard to make things simple.