[Zope-dev] [buildout] "private" releases

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Mar 25 15:24:05 EDT 2011

Hi Christian,

On 25/03/2011 16:49, Christian Theune wrote:
> the German speaking Zope Users Group (DZUG e.V.) organizes a series of 4
> sprints this year to support feature development within the proximity of
> the ZTK and solve problems encountered by Zope, Plone and Python developers.

<snip>
> Topics
> ======
>
> * Discussing how to deal with "private" releases

FWIW, I've had no problems with this, here's a sample buildout.cfg:

[buildout]
extensions = lovely.buildouthttp
find-links = https://example.com/password/protected/folder

...and just dump the .tgz sdists in that folder.

Of course, if you don't need password protection such as when you have
your "egg server" on a private network, you just need the find-links.

I'm not really sure why people have written a complicated array of "egg
servers" and the like when a simple http or file system served folder is
just fine ;-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk