[Zope-dev] Zope 2.12.17 does not die when I hit ctrl+C

Izak Burger izak at upfrontsystems.co.za
Fri May 6 05:27:34 EDT 2011

Hi all,

After a recent project based on the latest plone, which pulled in zope
2.12.17 as an egg, I find that when I run zope in foreground mode and hit
ctrl+C, it does not die. It prints the expected "Shutting down" message, and
the parent process dies, but the one that holds on to port 8080 stays alive
and will not die unless I send it SIGKILL. The little bit of debugging I've
done so far suggests that after the signal handler for SIGINT runs,
SystemExit is raised but it is somehow ignored. After that it just drops
back into the polling loop in Lifetime.lifetime_loop.

Has anyone else noticed this odd behaviour? SIGKILL seems like a very bad
idea as it does not give the process a chance to clean up, so I'm not
particularly happy about what I need to do at the moment, even if its just
development.

regards,
Izak Burger