[Zope-dev] Latest Python security fix (2.5.6c1 / 2.6.7rc1)

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Mon May 9 10:29:02 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
> On 05/09/2011 05:28 AM, Hanno Schlichting wrote:
>> I tried installing Python 2.6.7rc1 and got tons of test failures in
>> Zope/Plone. I didn't have time to look into them in more detail, but
>> they looked zope.testbrowser / mechanize related. I'm assuming the
>> same is true for Python 2.5.6c1.
>>
>> If anyone has time to look into this, it would be great. At least be
>> careful with applying the security hotfix to your Python
>> installations.
>
> What branch of Zope?  I just downloaded 2.6.7rc1, built and installed
> it, and was able to bootstrap a fresh Zope2 trunk buildout and run all
> tests without failure.

Todays buildbot results look a lot like the problems I've seen, for example:

http://dev.thehealthagency.com/buildbot/builders/zope2.14-py2.7%20slave-ubuntu32/builds/276/steps/test/logs/stdio

But zope.testbrowser isn't actually used much in Zope 2 itself and the
makesite test above might be the only one. I've witnessed a lot more
problems in Plone tests which make ample use of it.

Hanno