[Zope-dev] beta.zope.org (www.zope.org relaunch project)

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Tue May 10 20:04:03 EDT 2011

Hi,

On 5/10/11 5:38 AM, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 09:15, Jens Vagelpohl<jens at dataflake.org>  wrote:
>> I strongly disagree on the term "Zope 2". Now is a great time to finally
>> stop the Zope2/3 confusion: Kill that name and start using a more
>> sensible name, such as "the Zope application server".

Right. However I'm not convinced this is something you can
agree/disagree on. Zope 2 exists. Zope 3 does not (it was split apart
and renamed). As such, I don't see a problem with referring to it (Zope
2) by name (it's not Voldemort, after all). Someday it will die; but
that day is not today. And until that day comes (or it gets renamed,
heaven forbid) I would strive for clear and consistent branding (and in
this case, I think I would also try to make it clear that Zope 2 is
"legacy" software).

> Yup. That or just "Zope". That is what people mean when they say Zope anyway.

I don't think they know what they mean :-)

Alex

--
Alex Clark · http://aclark.net/training