[Zope-dev] beta.zope.org (www.zope.org relaunch project)

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Fri May 13 06:12:38 EDT 2011

Am 10.05.2011, 06:55 Uhr, schrieb Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com>:

> Constructive criticism and feedback is welcome _now_.

Hi Andreas,

along with others I'd like to thank you and the team for taking the time
to do this. The new site has a clear message and looks good - not sure if
the Zope logo should be repeated three times on the front page (surely the
word mark should not be part of "The World of Zope") and there are some
spelling issues "dekade" should normally be spelt with a "c"; Python can
either be capitalised or written in quotes but not both...

One thing that I think is missing on the resource page is a Products
overview - PyPI isn't really suitable for someone wanting to see whether
Zope (2) is suitable for them and despite what we now think about how to
extend Zope, the Products do provide off-the shelf solutions for many
situations; something that as developers we easily overlook. Something
like the Plone directory, probably implemented as part of zope2.zope.org,
but visible in the resources section. I suspect this means some kind of QS
is required as only too many Products will no longer work with current
versions of Zope and the onus must be with the Product author or
maintainer.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark