[Zope-dev] zope.testrunner and nose count doctests differently

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Nov 7 17:53:21 UTC 2011

Hi Benji,

On 03/11/2011 12:31, Benji York wrote:

> If you will tell me how you wired up Manuel and nose, I'd love to add a
> how-to section to the Manuel docs.

The only hiccup is that nose doesn't respect a test_suite function by
default, so I wrote a plugin to make it do the right thing:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/nose_fixes/1.0

> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 7:13 AM, Chris Withers<chris at simplistix.co.uk>  wrote:
>> The code uses Manuel, under both nose and zope.testrunner:
>
> Manuel will report the same test count under both nose and
> zope.testrunner but I don't know if nose respects the count provided.
>
> You could put a breakpoint in TestCase.countTestCases() of
> manuel/testing.py and see if it gets called by nose and what it does
> with the result.

Well, grepping through the nose source returns no matches for
countTestCases, so I'm guessing it doesn't respect this.

Nose people: any idea *why* nose doesn't respect this method?

cheers,

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk