[Zope-dev] Supporting interworking with repository branches on github

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Tue Nov 22 17:13:53 UTC 2011

As you are already aware, at the SF Zope sprint we used Git and github
for our work. The work contained in https://github.com/zopefoundation
is by people who have already signed the Zope Foundation contributor
agreement.

While the Zope Foundation deliberates on version control, I think it's
likely that development will continue using Git and Github. We want to
do this in a way that maintains flexibility for code committed to Git
to also be committed to svn.zope.org, so it would be helpful to get a
list of Name, Email, username for svn.zope.org committers to
facilitate the creation of an author mapping file. (Presumably this
information is in LDAP or similar.)

We would of course be happy to hand administration rights of the
github organization to the Zope Foundation if it was felt to be
helpful in ensuring that contributions to that repository counted
under the committer agreement.

Laurence