[Zope-dev] Getting back to "green"

Adam GROSZER agroszer.ll at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 09:21:26 EST 2011

Hello,

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 10:08:55 -0400 you wrote:

> We've lost our discipline about keeping the daily tests passing.  I
> think this is due to two factors:
>
> - - We are running tests for code that nobody is actively maintaining
>    (e.g., all the 'z3c.*' packages which have been broken for months).

If you mean the failures on windowze, I think most of them fail on lxml
not having windows egg :-S, someone should kick Sidnei(???)

> - - Because of the noise of those failures, we've gotten complacent about
>    seeing multiple failures in the daily test report, and thus quit
>    trying to find and fix "new" failures in code which is maintained.
>
> I would like to propose that we quit reporting test failures for the
> unmaintained packages ('zc3.*', for a start.  If somebody really
> thinks there is value in such testing, we could perhaps run those
> tests only weekly (like the others which have "expected" failures).

If it's about suppressing the *reporting* then suppress that, not the
test runs please. Just in case someone wants to maintain a package ;-)

--
Best regards,
  Adam GROSZER