[Zope-dev] Zope 4?

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Thu Oct 27 16:45:17 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 6:26 PM, David Glick <davidglick at groundwire.org> wrote:
> On 10/27/11 9:05 AM, Jim Fulton wrote:
>> Is there a more formal announcement anywhere?  Is there a description
>> of what it is envisioned to be?
>>
> That came out of this thread on zope-dev back in July:
> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2011-July/043158.html

There's no "more" public announcement, as it's all just work in progress.

I made up a bad list of bullet points at:
http://docs.zope.org/zope2/releases/4.0/WHATSNEW.html

But the gist is: There's no point in doing a Zope 2.14 release with
incremental improvements, as there's nothing such a release could
contain. So it makes sense to do a less backwards compatible release
and bump the major version number. People rightfully complained that
doing a Zope2 3.0 release is a bit insane. So the next number up for
grasp is Zope2 4.0 - at which point it can be called "Zope 4.0" again.

Hanno