[Zope-dev] RFC: proposal to split zope.configuration into ZCML and non-ZCML related packages

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Sat Sep 3 22:21:59 EST 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 10:59 +0200, Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Wolfgang Schnerring <ws at gocept.com> wrote:
> > Splitting zope.configuration into core mechanics and ZCML support
> > makes a lot of sense to me.
> >
> > So, +1 from me.
>
> +1 here too

It turns out that we were using so little of zope.configuration in the
Pyramid core that it was much to replace it than it is to port this
stuff (and write docs/unittests) so I withdraw this proposal.

FTR, apologies, it's a bit lame of me to not help with a
zope.configuration Python 3 porting effort and just fork and steal bits
of code I need.  We do still depend on the entirety of
zope.configuration in an add-on package named "pyramid_zcml", so if
there is call to port that to Python 3, I may revisit this topic.

- C