[Zope-dev] Sanity Check on zope.sessions and Zope 2.12.x

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Wed Apr 11 12:28:43 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Jeff Rush <jrush at taupro.com> wrote:
> I'm chasing a problem when trying to use zope.sessions with Zope 2.12.x, and
> I'm beginning to think that they are an incompatible mix of Zope2 and Zope3
> technologies.
>
> Can anyone confirm either way, so I know whether I'm wasting my time.

Sounds likely. I haven't heard of anyone trying to use zope.session in
Zope 2. Does zope.session do something very different from the Zope 2
session manager?

You might also want to look at
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.beaker for seamlessly
integrating Beaker into Zope 2 - with all the advantages of Beaker and
different backends.

Hanno