[Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: zc.buildout/ Moved to github

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sat Aug 18 19:23:50 UTC 2012

On Aug 18, 2012, at 14:31 , Jean-Paul Smets <jp at nexedi.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I approve your position Jens.
>
> Moving to git can make sense. Moving to github as primary platform does not make sense.

Hi Jean-Paul,

Technical pros and cons are valid arguments, correct, but that wasn't my point here. I'm trying to look at the contractual issues involved, that's all.

I'm not saying "only platform X is acceptable", just that right now I only have proof that our self-hosted Subversion repositories on svn.zope.org appear to meet all the legal requirements laid out by the contributor agreements and the role of the Zope Foundation as the guard of these contributions as well as contributors' private data held by the Zope Foundation.

jens