[Zope-dev] ZAM/ZMI Demo

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Mon Feb 6 12:07:26 UTC 2012

Hello,

Op 6 feb 2012, om 10:26 heeft Lennart Regebro het volgende geschreven:

> This is at least an important attitude.
> I think also a future admin interface to a large extent should lose
> many of the ZMI concepts. For example, we need several management
> tools, like what is in the control panel at the moment. But that
> should be separate from the browsing of objects. That browsing should
> instead be a rather low-level ZODB browser, IMO.

  That would be great, for my part to be able to have the management tools
(packing and such) in a separate package than the object browsing (and even
the object actions, if you want to keep them, I don't want them).

  For some projects, I don't wish people to be able to browser the ZODB objects
and fucked up things by copying, renaming objects and things like that, but
I still want them to able to access the packing screen and such tools.

  And for this same reason, those two package should not depend on each
others, so I say +1.

  Regards,

  Sylvain,

--