[Zope-dev] Content Type Meta tag stripping in zope.pagetemplate

Fred Drake fred at fdrake.net
Wed Feb 22 17:08:17 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Miano Njoka <mianonjoka at gmail.com> wrote:
> /> tags were being stripped out from ZPT templates. Is there a reason
> for this?

As I recall, the rationale goes like this:

1. We're sniffing the input encoding from the charset setting.

2. We're storing the content-type on the instance (I hope tihs
   is still true).

3. The template/application/publisher is responsible for
   delivering the the output with an appropriate content-type
   header.

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fred at fdrake.net>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein