[Zope-dev] SVN: zope.file/branches/ulif-fix-menus/ Do menu-related configuration only if z.a.zcmlfiles is available.

Tres Seaver tseaver at palladion.com
Tue Jun 5 07:53:19 UTC 2012

On 06/05/2012 03:28 AM, Michael Howitz wrote:
> Am 04.06.2012 um 18:30 schrieb Uli Fouquet: […]
>> Also updated the 0.6 branch in SVN. Hope that's okay.
>

> I think there should not be a 0.6 branch as the trunk is still on
> 0.6.*. Usually we only create maintenance branches for non-current
> releases.

That isn't true any longer for the ZTK packages:  I added maintenance
branches for all the versions used by ZTK 1.0 / 1.1, and switched the
development checkouts for 1.0 / 1.1. to use them.  Without that change,
the stop-energy of "breaking" a dev build for 1.0 / 1.1 was interfering
with ongoing development.

In this case, version 0.6.1 of the zope.file package was included in ZTK
1.0, but dropped from the ZTK before 1.1.  I'm pretty sure the changes
Uli added should *not* be propagated into another ZTK 1.0 release:  I
think they might break apps deployed against ZTK 1.0:  Because of the BBB
concerns, I think we may need to re-release a 0.6.3 which reverts the 0.6
branch back to the 0.6.1 state, and make Uli's new stuff available as a
0.7.0 release.

Tres.
Tres Seaver          +1 540-429-0999          tseaver at palladion.com